from telethon.sync import TelegramClient, events with TelegramClient('name', api_id, api_hash) as client: client.send_message('me', 'Hello, myself!') print(client.download_profile_photo('me')) @client.on(events.NewMessage(pattern='(?i).*Hello')) async def handler(event): await event.reply('Hey!') client.run_until_disconnected()
- Are you new here? Jump straight into Installation!
- Looking for the method reference? See Client Reference.
- Did you upgrade the library? Please read Changelog (Version History).
- Used Telethon before v1.0? See Compatibility and Convenience.
- Need the full API reference? https://lonamiwebs.github.io/Telethon/.
What is this?¶
Telegram is a popular messaging application. This library is meant to make it easy for you to write Python programs that can interact with Telegram. Think of it as a wrapper that has already done the heavy job for you, so you can focus on developing an application.
How should I use the documentation?¶
If you are getting started with the library, you should follow the documentation in order by pressing the “Next” button at the bottom-right of every page.
You can also use the menu on the left to quickly skip over sections.